Reliable’s Total Control spam email filtering service is a managed email security service that provides email users with unprecedented control over access to their inbox.
Of course, Reliable blocks unwanted mail, such as spam, viruses and directory harvesting and denial of service (DoS) attacks, and makes phishing attacks self-evident. Beyond that, however, we add a positive dimension to inbox control by assuring the delivery of desirable mail, providing users with a new means of judging a message's legitimacy, and providing tools that help to preserve the long-term integrity of the user’s primary email address.
Reliable’s exceptional degree of email control is achieved by combining its unique capabilities with traditional defenses, such as Allow Lists, Block Lists, and content filtering, based on the user's preferences. Research shows that Reliable’s blended defense-in-depth can improve the effectiveness of traditional techniques by one to two orders of magnitude.
When other systems "run out of gas" in responding to the latest spammer exploits, Reliable still has more to offer, with Address-on-the-Fly (AOTF), Protective Addresses, and Permitted Language and Permitted Country capabilities. The Protective Address model provides users with an unlimited supply of alternative addresses, all of which resolve to a single inbox, are individually manageable with granular security states, and are automatically managed by the system. While Protective Addresses can be used in a disposable fashion, they needn't be disposable, as an address can "live on" for one group of users, while being disabled for others. The Permitted Language and Country capabilities can block significant additional amounts of spam by ensuring that users never receive mail in languages that they can’t speak or from countries outside their organization’s geographic area of operation.
Reliable also provides email continuity, by queuing inbound email when one's local server experiences an outage, and outbound email filtering, to help prevent users from inadvertently spamming their customers, partners and suppliers.
Both inbound and outbound email is processed through Reliable’s Total Control service. Deployment of the service requires a simple MX Record change to route email through Reliable’s servers. Reliable can work with any local email server, and doesn’t require the installation of any server or client software or hardware at the customer’s location.
HOW TOTAL CONTROL WORKS:
There are three main points regarding how Total Control processes all incoming email:
- Total Control provides many different layers of protection for defense-in-depth of one's inbox.
- The service is uniquely configurable, providing the versatility that email administrators and solution providers require to address the widest range of end-user requirements. Mail for a specific user will only be subjected to the tests dictated by their configuration (or if one is not specified, by the default enterprise configuration).
- The architecture is extensible, so that new defenses can be added as they become available or desirable.
Total Control offers powerful and effective capabilities not found in any other solution on the market.
- Wide range of capabilities and blended defense provide maximum user control
- Address-on-the-Fly assures delivery and protects user's primary address
- Protective Addresses provide extraordinary inbox protection
- In-message control panel informs and empowers users
- Outbound email auditing helps protect one's brand and avoid email disruptions